• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 14, 2020

    Self-Driving Cars How to improve my chances of getting a job at a SDC industry?

    Self-Driving Cars How to improve my chances of getting a job at a SDC industry?


    How to improve my chances of getting a job at a SDC industry?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    I know it is a little late to be looking for jobs, but this year has been rough for me (was hospitalized for awhile). I am a senior graduating in the spring with a minor in comp sci. I know python & I am improving at c++ everyday and learning C. What can I do to improve my chances? When do these companies usually hire e.g. Waymo, Cruise? Are masters really required?

    I go to a small uni that isn't tech oriented like MIT, none of my professors have had jobs outside of web development and data architecture. I don't personally know any professionals in the field, so any advice is greatly appreciated. I listen to Lex Friedman's lectures and podcast on the side to supplement what I'm learning in my classes.

    I have always had a passion for green technology. I am also open to working in robotics or drone engineering, but I am most attracted to the SDC industry. I lost a research position due to my uni closing from corona & I am feeling less optimistic now about my chances than ever.

    submitted by /u/ella78890
    [link] [comments]

    Adaptive cruise control in hyundai and kia

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    Hi

    Test drove a used 2017 hyundai ioniq electric and a 2017 kia Niro hybrid.

    The hyundai ioniq worked really well, but really bad in the kia..

    Was it just because something was wrong in the kia, or does hyundai use other technology? What about the 2020 models?

    submitted by /u/peetdk
    [link] [comments]

    Question: How Do "Dumb" Lane Keeping Systems From Manufacturers Like Honda, Volvo, Cadillac, etc. Work Compared To Tesla?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    I would imagine all these guys are not using neural net technology like Tesla is, right? If so, how do their systems differ from Tesla's? Are they being trained by anything or is this just code that tells the car to stay between 2 lines and nothing else?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JeffTutorialsYT
    [link] [comments]

    AutoX With "iPad" Sensor Rack In The Wild

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment