• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Self-Driving Cars Aurora is finally ready to show the world what it’s been up to

    Self-Driving Cars Aurora is finally ready to show the world what it’s been up to


    Aurora is finally ready to show the world what it’s been up to

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:40 AM PST

    GM to build Cruise AV ride-hailing shuttle at Detroit-Hamtramck in 2022

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:24 PM PST

    The Aurora Driver in Downtown Palo Alto

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:06 PM PST

    Question about OpenPilot on Subaru EyeSight vs Toyota Safey Sense 2.0

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:22 PM PST

    I'm looking to buy an AWD car that is fully supported by OpenPilot. I've mainly been looking at used 2019 RAV4 XLE. But a cheaper alternative would be a 2018-19 Subaru CrossTrek with EyeSight. I'm not finding many videos on YouTube demonstrating OpenPilot with Subaru EyeSight. Is it just as good? Or worth the extra couple thousand for the Toyota?

    Also, (not OpenPilot related) a lot of these new-ish used cars are from rental companies with less than 20,000 miles on them. Anyone with experience or concerns about purchasing a used rental car with low mileage?

    submitted by /u/skwahaes
    [link] [comments]

    Using Self driving car tech as assisted driving

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:14 AM PST

    I love the idea and tech of self driving cars and want it so badly because of how it could change commutes for everyone. I know that it is still in its infancy, so I had an idea, while driving to work, for a possibility with using the tech.

    A little background my wife doesn't drive at all and possibly will never be able to drive due to being epileptic. She can have a petit mal seizure which could cause her not able to pay attention for usually less than 15 seconds, and with driving that could prove disastrous. I know this is a case for many people in the world be it epileptic, or a different disability or even for older drivers. My idea was if we found a way to use the self driving, or auto pilot techs to act as a driver assistance. Say someone who has a disability and is unable to focus for a 15 second period or anything like that the tech would help to drive the car when the person's disability causes them unable to. This is also why I am a huge fan of self driving cars because I would love one for my wife, so she could get to work on her own without having to worry about the US's terrible public transportation system or expensive Uber/Lyft rides.

    What are your guys thoughts on this idea? Also do any of you know if there are companies that are thinking about this or working on it?

    submitted by /u/Landren13
    [link] [comments]

    How much does cartographying in 3D + labelling each element cost to Waymo?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:31 AM PST

    I'm currently writing a video about Tesla Autopilot vs Waymo Robotaxis (might include other solutions like mobileye if interresting). I'm wondering how much does cartographying and labelling the environment cost to Waymo?

    submitted by /u/TechFan_Theo
    [link] [comments]

    Considering buying Comma Two and had some questions

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:00 PM PST

    Hello! I was considering buying the new Comma Two but I had a few questions/concerns I was hoping some of yall here would be kind enough to help me with.

    1. I understand it takes over my car's stock systems, will auto emergency breaking still work? Even if I dont have openpilot engaged?

    2. How well does it do in construction zones with orange cones over the lines or highways with tar lines? Will those interfere?

    3. If I unplug it does that car's systems automatically revert back to stock?

    Thank you for reading, I'm a little new to all this and I appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/AutumnMuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Steering electric brushless motor

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:59 PM PST

    Hi All

    Has anyone in the community come up with a physical brushless motor steering assist for off road applications? Like an ez steer https://agriculture.trimble.com/product/ez-steer-assisted-steering-system/

    Any idea who makes the motors that roll on the wheel or take over the steering boss..

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/pogmo47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment